Welcome to Ayuyoga
My mission here is to empower people of all ages and abilities to walk their path in life with joy and confidence. Through the methods and teachings of Yoga, Ayurveda and Jyotish, I can support you on your way to achieving optimal functioning of body and mind and a lasting feeling of joy in life.
I want to offer you a very personal and friendly experience, whether it is in the confidential privacy of a one on one session or in the supportive community of a class. Here, you are invited to simply be who you are, in the moment and without judgement or expectations, so that, through the work we do together, your true potential can begin to shine.
To find an answer to the big question of who am I, I studied theatre and dance, took on many jobs (stilt-walker, fire-breather, youth-worker, dancer, bouncer, post-natal assistant, medieval performer, to name a few…) and travelled in search of adventure.
I studied the dances of the Gypsy trail and learned about the meaning of the divine feminine through ancient forms of female expression and for many years I taught Belly Dance to groups of amazing women in Ireland.
I met incredible teachers who taught me about my own potential and powers of manifestation, studied Shiatsu, Buddhism, creative writing, Shamanic journeying and Vedic philosophies until the essence of all of these paths finally merged into one.
Although I have a daily Sadhana (spiritual practice) consisting of Mantra, pranayama, meditation and Asana, I learned that life itself is the most profound practice of all and so I devote myself fully to it, surrendering to whatever the universe has in store for me at every moment.
Since May 2021 – after 23 years in Ireland – I am now living in Murnau am Staffelsee, at the beginning of a new chapter and I look forward to meeting all the wonderful people who will cross my path.
TRAININGS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 200 hour classical Yoga teacher training (Ashram Yoga Ireland)
- 40 hour teacher training in Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series (David Swenson)
- 200 hour Ashtanga Yoga teacher training (David Collins and Paula Herbert)
- 250 hours classical Yoga philosophy (Brenda Feuerstein)
- 300 hour Advanced Yoga teacher training (Elbow room Dublin)
- 40 hours Yoga for Kids (Rainbow Kids Yoga)
- 80 hours Yin Yoga (Josh Summers)
- 40 hours Trauma sensitive Yoga (with Mandala Yoga Project)
- 250 hours Vedic Counselling (David Frawley)
- Ayurvedic practitioner diploma 3 years (Ayurvedic Institute UK, London)
- Ayurvedic Massage Therapist diploma with the Ayurvedic Institute UK
- Jyotish – Vedic Astrology – 1 year foundational practice (Marianne Jacuzzi)
- Marma Therapy with the Marma Institute of Ayurvedic AcupressureCurrently studying
- Jyotish mentorship program with Marianne Jacuzzi